*As featured in a past edition of one of our magazines*
10 Things Every Teacher Knows
It's The Definitive List!
Call it instinct, call it intuition, call it prophecy: there are certain truths that every teacher discovers. Some of my favorite discoveries are...
- Paper clips chain together at night.
- Soup will always be served on the day that school pictures are taken.
- If the principal starts complimenting you, beware: bad news or a big favor is right around the corner.
- School lawn mowers are never used before 8:00 A.M. or after 3:00 P.M. And they are most likely to be used on the day of the big test.
- It is a mortal sin to get more than five tater tots in the cafeteria.
- You can eat an entire meal in 15 minutes, along with loaning lunch money, examining a lost tooth, and solving a major crisis. That's why you can have only five tater tots.
- The school secretary could be the CEO of any major corporation.
- Every year you will receive a brass apple, a box of chocolate-covered cherries, and a gift that you are sure was recycled.
- Number-two pencils rule your world.
- You will be able to recognize former teachers in heaven by the rubber bands around their wrists.
©1998 The Education Center, Inc. ⋅ The Mailbox® Teacher